Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Review: Motionless in White- Infamous

Hey guys! For today's post I will be reviewing Motionless in White's new album Infamous



I always liked to think of Motionless in White as the bastard child of Bleeding Through and Marylin Manson.  Simply because I thought they had the intense metalcore that Bleeding Through has, the keyboards didn't hurt either, and the make up plus Chris Motionless's vocal style sometimes reminded me of Manson.  I also thought that their previous album, Creatures, reminded me of Bleeding Through with a hint of Manson.  Infamous builds upon that original model but adds a bit more Manson-esque musical style to the mix. 

For the fans who loved Creatures, I being one of them, there are still songs reminiscent of that album.  The first two songs "Black Damask (The Fog)" and "Devil's Night" along with "Puppets 2" and "If It's Dead, We'll Kill It" (featuring Brandan from Bleeding Through) are examples of songs that still have that awesome and intense metalcore punch that made the mirrors in your car shake and you stop whatever you were doing and immediately start headbanging.  Other songs like "America", "Hatefuck", and "The Divine Infection" are clearly influenced by Marylin Manson (all through the song "America" I kept thinking about Manson's song "We're from America").  While still clearly influenced by Manson on these songs MIW still manages to put their own unique stamp on their songs, a stamp which separates them from some of the cookie-cutter metalcore bands you hear now a days.  

Overall Infamous is a collection of intense, awesome, dark, evil, and lets face it catchy (the chorus of "The Divine Infection" being one of many examples) songs.  I urge fans of the band to go into this album with an open mind and not immediately write it off because its not Creatures 2.  Because Motionless in White didn't make Creatures 2, they made something better.   

Rating: 9/10

Remember if there is a band you want me to talk about or an album you want me to review leave a comment or tweet me @zachktheanimal 

Thanks guys! 
-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment