Monday, February 11, 2013

Review: Zombified-Carnage Slaughter and Death

Hey guys! I know I am late with this review, but I had a busy weekend and did not have time to sit down and write a review until now.  So without further ado here is my review of Zombified's Carnage Slaughter and Death





Are you a fan old school death metal that is struggling to find a band that brings back the raw power that was the death metal of the 80s and 90s? Well look no further than Zombified's latest effort Carnage Slaughter and Death

Sweden's Zombified started as a two man project back in 2006 and after quickly making a three song demo decided to recruit more players to fill out the band.  Shortly after that the band released their first album Zombified Slaughtermachine (love these names!) and after that was released the band began to work on the album that is now Carnage Slaughter and Death a 12 track offering of ripping old school death metal. 

Like the Gloria Morti release Lateral Constraint, Carnage Slaughter and Death was released in Europe by Cyclone Empire and through their partnership with Metal Blade records was released in the US this year. 

If there are two things Zombified is good at its 1) writing kick ass death metal and 2) coming up with some of the best names for albums.  The title Carnage Slaughter and Death embodies everything death metal fans love about that specific genre of music into a simple phrase, and then the band takes that one step further and incorporates that into a song with the same name. 

Which brings me to their music, Carnage Slaughter and Death should be on the top of every death metal fan's wishlist if its not already in their possession.  The band wastes no time in serving up some of the best old school death metal I've heard from a newer band in a while.  The band kicks things off with "Carnage Slaughter and Death" which was the single from the album (I feel weird to call it a single per say, but it was the song Metal Blade uploaded to their YouTube page and I didn't know a better name to call it).  The title track wastes no time assaulting the listener with ripping guitars, insanely fast blast beats, and no holds bar vocals that death metal fans know and love.  From there the band keeps their energy as they storm their way through 11 more brutal songs never stopping to catch their breath or to give the listener a break from the onslaught of metal.  

Like Gloria Morti, I have nothing to compare Carnage Slaughter and Death to because I don't have their first album (like I said in the last review if anyone knows where I can find Zombified Slaughtermachine please let me know!).  But something tells me that Zombified seems like a band that sticks to the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" so I think its safe to assume that Carnage Slaughter and Death only builds and improves off of what was Zombified Slaughtermachine.

Like I said before Carnage Slaughter and Death is a must for a fan of death metal.  If you like bands such as Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under , or Jungle Rot (a band who I think they sound very similar to) then this album is for you.  Also if you still are feeling bummed out from the extreme disappointment that was Morbid Angel's latest release, Carnage Slaughter and Death will make you forget that that album ever happened.

Overall Rating: 8.5/10

Thanks guys!
-Zach


     
Remember if there is an album you want me to review of a band you want me to talk about, tweet me @zachktheanimal or leave a comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment